We know that communities, charities and social enterprises are busy responding to new challenges arising from the Covid-19 outbreak. Below are some of the specialist advice and support services that are now available.
Advice and support
General advice for community groups and charities
- Charity Commission: info on support & advice from government.
- Cranfield Trust: free remote support for charities from management consultancy, telephone services, mentoring, HR and resources.
- Good Finance: practical support on all areas of operations and working from home for charities and social enterprises.
- Locality: support for community organisations during the outbreak.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations: updates, practical advice and signposting to further information for staff and trustees.
- Small Charities Coalition: resources, guidance and advice for small charities.
Specific sector/interest advice
Specific Covid-19 funding streams
We recognise that many funders are responding to the challenges coronavirus is presenting for local communities. The below are specific additional funding streams for the coronavirus response. However, before applying, we recommend that you firstly get in touch with your current funding partners.
National funding sources
- Martin Lewis £1m Fund: open to charities and registered groups. Closes Wednesday 25th March.
- National Emergencies Trust: appeal for funding now open, to be distributed through Community Foundations and other charities. Keep in touch with your local community foundation on how to apply.
Regional funding sources
- Find your local community foundation here.
- Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund
- City Bridge Trust (London)
- Community Foundation Northern Ireland
- Coronavirus Response and Recovery Fund Tyne and Wear, Northumberland
- Cumbria Community Foundation COVID-19 Response Fund
- Kent Community Foundation KCF Coronavirus Emergency Fund
- Steve Morgan Foundation (Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales)
- Third Sector Resilience Fund (Scotland)
- Wales Coronavirus Resilience Appeal
For general enquiries including new applications, please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522. We are currently receiving a large number of calls, so please bear with us if the line is busy.
For current grant holders, please email your grant manager directly.