Updated 21st May 2020
We know that communities, charities and social enterprises are busy responding to new challenges arising from the Covid-19 outbreak. Below are some of the specialist advice and support services that are now available.
Wednesday 27th May: Ethical Property Foundation Negotiating Leases
Wednesday weekly call: Homeless Link, COVID-19 and homeless services update
Monthly: Digital Q&A for charities
Advice and support
General advice for community groups and charities
- Charity Commission: info on support & advice from government.
- Cranfield Trust: free remote support for charities from management consultancy, telephone services, mentoring, HR and resources.
- Good Finance: practical support on all areas of operations and working from home for charities and social enterprises.
- Locality: support for community organisations during the outbreak.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations: updates, practical advice and signposting to further information for staff and trustees.
- Social Enterprise UK: list of support for social enterprises.
- Small Charities Coalition: resources, guidance and advice for small charities.
Specific sector/interest advice
- Groundswell: Guidance for orgs supporting people experiencing homelessness
- Youthworksupport: advice, guidance, support and tools for youth workers during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Ethical Property Foundation: Property advice for charities during the outbreak.
- Helplines Partnership: tools for organisations running a helpline.
Specific Covid-19 funding streams
We recognise that many funders are responding to the challenges coronavirus is presenting for local communities. The below are specific additional funding streams for the coronavirus response. A new database has been setup here to search all the latest opportunities.
- Closes 27th May: Homelessness Response Fund
- Closes 29th May: Loneliness Covid-19 Grant Fund
- Closes 29th May: Armed Forces Covid-19 Impact Programme
- Closes 6th July: Food Charities Grant Fund
National funding sources
- Government funding sources
- CAF Coronavirus Emergency Fund
- Clinks: funding for voluntary organisations working in criminal justice with an annual income under £500,000
- Clothworkers' Emergency Capital Fund (not London)
- The Community Foundation for Northern Ireland
- Foundation Scotland
- John Ellerman Foundation
- Leathersellers' Company
- The Moondance Foundation (Wales)
- Magic Little Grants
- National Emergencies Trust: appeal for funding now open, to be distributed through Community Foundations and other charities. Keep in touch with your local community foundation on how to apply.
- National Lottery Community Fund: opens Friday 22 May
- National Survivor User Network: Small grants for user led organisations supporting mental health services.
- Neighbourly: micro grants to community groups
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Sport England
- Tampon Tax
- UFI Charitable Trust
- Yapp Charitable Trust
- Youth Scotland
Regional funding sources
For general enquiries including new applications, please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522. We are currently receiving a large number of calls, so please bear with us if the line is busy.
For current grant holders, please email your grant manager directly.