Updated 10th August 2020
We know that communities, charities and social enterprises are busy responding to new challenges arising from the Covid-19 outbreak. Below are some of the specialist advice and support services that are now available.
Advice and support
General advice for community groups and charities
- BatesWells: Free support from charity law firm, on a range of subjects from government schemes to fraud.
- Charity Commission: info on support & advice from government.
- Cranfield Trust: free remote support for charities from management consultancy, telephone services, mentoring, HR and resources.
- Good Finance: practical support on all areas of operations and working from home for charities and social enterprises.
- IVAR peer support webinars for voluntary sector leaders
- Locality: support for community organisations during the outbreak.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations: updates, practical advice and signposting to further information for staff and trustees.
- Social Enterprise UK: list of support for social enterprises.
- Small Charities Coalition: resources, guidance and advice for small charities.
Specific sector/interest advice
- Groundswell: Guidance for orgs supporting people experiencing homelessness
- Youthworksupport: advice, guidance, support and tools for youth workers during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Ethical Property Foundation: Property advice for charities during the outbreak.
- Helplines Partnership: tools for organisations running a helpline.
- MEAM: multiple disadvantage and COVID-19
Specific Covid-19 funding streams
We recognise that many funders are responding to the challenges coronavirus is presenting for local communities. The below are specific additional funding streams for the coronavirus response. A new database has been setup here to search all the latest opportunities.
Funds with close deadlines
- 11th August: COVID-19 Community Led Organisations Recovery Scheme
- 28th August: The Community Foundation for Northern Ireland
- 13th October: The Phoenix Fund emergency grants to Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME*) communities across England.
- 31st October: Magic Little Grants
National funding sources
- Government funding sources
- Barrow Cadbury Trust Covid-19 Support Fund: Specialist small and medium voluntary sector groups supporting migrant and refugees
- Charity Bank Resilience and Recovery Loan Fund
- Clinks: funding for voluntary organisations working in criminal justice with an annual income under £500,000
- Community Justice Fund: Specialist social welfare legal advice organisations
- Crisis Home for all grants fund
- John Ellerman Foundation: aim to advance the wellbeing of people, society and the natural world by focusing on the arts, environment and social action.
- Lloyds Bank Foundation: funding for small and local charities.
- The Moondance Foundation (Wales)
- National Emergencies Trust: appeal for funding now open, to be distributed through Community Foundations and other charities. Keep in touch with your local community foundation on how to apply.
- National Lottery Community Fund: opens Friday 22 May
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Social Enterprise Support Fund
- Yapp Charitable Trust
- Youth Scotland
Regional funding sources
For general enquiries including new applications, please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522. We are currently receiving a large number of calls, so please bear with us if the line is busy.
For current grant holders, please email your grant manager directly.