Last updated 2nd February 2021
We know that communities, charities and social enterprises are busy responding to new challenges arising from the Covid-19 outbreak. Below are some of the specialist advice and support services that are now available.
Advice and support
General advice for community groups and charities
- BatesWells: Free support from charity law firm, on a range of subjects from government schemes to fraud, including 30 min free calls for quick advice, and an online decision tool to support charities facing financial difficulty to identify and explore their options.
- Charity Commission: info on support & advice from government.
- Coalition for Efficiency: free advice and workshops on impact measurement
- Cranfield Trust: free remote support for charities from management consultancy, telephone services, mentoring, HR and resources.
- Ethical Property Foundation: Property advice for charities during the outbreak, including a series of webinars, accessible for all, regardless of level of knowledge.
- Good Finance: practical support on all areas of operations and working from home for charities and social enterprises.
- IVAR peer support webinars: free sessions for and with voluntary sector leaders
- LawWorks: free legal advice for small non-profits
- Locality: support for community organisations during the outbreak.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations: updates, practical advice and signposting to further information for staff and trustees.
- Social Enterprise UK: list of support for social enterprises.
- Small Charities Coalition: resources, guidance and advice for small charities and free small charity care support sessions.
Specific sector/interest advice
- Groundswell: Guidance for orgs supporting people experiencing homelessness
- Youthworksupport: advice, guidance, support and tools for youth workers during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Helplines Partnership: tools for organisations running a helpline.
- MEAM: multiple disadvantage and COVID-19
- Remote and Online Peer Support Resource from Bipolar UK, Get Up Set Up, Mind, National Survivor User Network, and Together for Mental Wellbeing.
We recognise that many funders are responding to the challenges coronavirus is presenting for local communities. Take a look at the below for the most up to date information on open funds:
- j4bgrants is a free-to-register website with a database of European, UK Government and other sources of grant funding
- Charity Excellence Database free funding database links to funders and other databases.
- Funding Information: pay to register database
- Funds Online: online subscription based funding database
- Find your local community foundation here.
- nfp Synergy beginner's guide to fundraising for small organisations.
- More on grants for small businesses, in this article.
For general enquiries including new applications, please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522. We are currently receiving a large number of calls, so please bear with us if the line is busy.
For current grant holders, please email your grant manager directly.