Origins of the Trust
On 1 March 1955 Sir Godfrey Mitchell endowed a charitable trust with a gift of shares in the construction company George Wimpey Ltd. The founder determined that the trustees of the new trust should be able to use the funds for any charitable purpose.
In 1979 this trust became known as the Tudor Trust. The trust’s capital is now held in a wide range of assets managed in a socially responsible way.