What we don’t fund – exclusions
Although Tudor is a broad-based funder there are some things that we don't fund. To save yourself time and effort please check this exclusions list before starting work on your proposal.
If you're not sure whether you can apply, or have any questions about eligibility, please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522 for advice.
- Individuals, or organisations applying on behalf of individuals
- Larger charities (both national and local) enjoying widespread support
- Statutory bodies
- Hospitals, health authorities or hospices
- Medical care, medical equipment or medical research
- Universities, colleges or schools
- Academic research, scholarships or bursaries
- Nurseries, playgroups or crèches
- Uniformed youth groups
- One-off holidays, residentials, trips, exhibitions, conferences, festivals, concerts, events etc
- Animal charities
- The promotion of religion
- Routine repairs and minor improvements to community buildings (community centres, church halls, village halls etc)
- Landscaping or equipment for playgrounds, parks or recreation areas
- Sports and leisure (where there isn't a strong social welfare focus)
- The restoration or conservation of buildings or habitats (where there isn’t a strong social welfare focus)
- Work outside the UK. We run a targeted grants programme promoting ecological agriculture in Zimbabwe, Kenya and Uganda. However, we do not consider unsolicited proposals from groups working overseas.
- The promotion of philanthropy and endowment appeals
- Retrospective funding: costs that have already been incurred
Looking at our grants lists will give you an idea of the range of grants we make. Download a pdf version from the list below.
- Grants list April to June 2016
- Grants list July to September 2016
- Grants review (including grants list) 2015-2016
- Grants review (including grants list) 2014-2015
- Grants review (including grants list) 2013-2014
- Grants review (including grants list) 2012-2013
If you have any questions about eligibility please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522 and we will do our best to help.