What we don’t fund – exclusions
There are some things that we don’t fund at all so to save yourself time and effort please check this exclusions list before starting work on your proposal.
Tudor supports work which addresses the needs of people at the margins of our society. Applications will only be considered if they have a strong focus on supporting and empowering disadvantaged people and communities and demonstrate some of the positive characteristics we are looking for when we make grants.
- Individuals, or organisations applying on behalf of individuals
- Larger charities (both national and local) enjoying widespread support
- Statutory bodies
- Hospitals, health authorities or hospices
- Medical care, medical equipment or medical research
- Universities, colleges or schools
- Academic research, scholarships or bursaries
- Nurseries, playgroups or crèches
- One-off holidays, residentials, trips, exhibitions, conferences, events etc
- Animal charities
- The promotion of religion
- The restoration or conservation of buildings or habitats (where there isn’t a strong social welfare focus)
- Work outside the UK. We run a targeted grants programme promoting sustainable agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa. However, we do not consider unsolicited proposals from groups working overseas.
- Endowment appeals
- Work that has already taken place
If you’re not sure whether you can apply please call the Information Team on 020 7727 8522 for advice.
Looking at our grants lists will give you an idea of the range of grants we make. Download a pdf version from the list below.